As we embark on the third year of our Faces of a Vibrant Economy programme, I am delighted that the North West region has seen 12 inspiring business leaders from the region make the final 100.
As part of Grant Thornton’s commitment to shaping a vibrant economy in the UK, each year we identify and bring together 100 progressive leaders across private, public and third sectors that demonstrate excellence in two or more of the following areas:
- Growth – fostering a culture of growth, job creation and leading their organisation into new markets
- Innovation – solving problems, leaders whose products or services are disrupting the sector and challenging the status quo
- Purpose – investing in their workforce, connecting financial profit to social purpose and contributing to the wider community
The Faces of a Vibrant Economy are selected from across the UK and represent diverse sectors and industries. Among them are business leaders, entrepreneurs, local government innovators and third sector trailblazers – recognised for their commitment to developing an economy that enables people, organisations and communities to flourish.
The North West Faces of a Vibrant Economy 2018 are;
- Jen Atkinson, CEO of ITC Travel
- Steve Byrne, CEO of Travel Counsellors
- Lou Cordwell OBE, CEO & Founder of Magnetic North
- Louis-James Davis, CEO & Founder of VST Enterprise
- Matt Haworth, Co-Founder of Reason Digital
- Jayne Hynes, CEO & Founder of Kiddyum
- Sandy Lindsay MBE, CEO & Founder of Tangerine Communications
- Jo Morfee, Director of Liverpool Girl Geeks
- Sara Prowse, CEO of Hotter Shoes
- Ed Salt, MD of Delamere Dairies
- Vikas Shah MBE, CEO of Swiscot Group
- Dean Ward, Co-Founder and CTO of Evoke Creative
I was very fortunate that I was able to attend the national launch exhibition on 13 November. The evening was electric, with the room buzzing with creativity, great conversation and energy. Bringing together inspiring business leaders like the above to connect, collaborate and create is exactly the outcome we want from this programme. Such an inspiring evening with great leaders who are also genuinely lovely people. To see this year's 100 Faces, click here.